Phi Alpha Honor Society
The purpose of Phi Alpha Honor Society is to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those that have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
Membership is available to students that meet the following national and local chapter requirements:
Undergraduate student requirements:
- Declared social work as a major
- Achieved sophomore status
- Successfully completed at least 8 undergraduate credits of social work courses
- Achieved an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least a 3.0
- Achieved at least a 3.25 grade point average (GPA) in required social work courses
Graduate student requirements:
- Successfully completed at least one semester of coursework with a minimum of 6 graduate credits in social work
- Achieved a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
The membership fee is $34.00.
This is a one-time payment for your lifetime membership to Phi Alpha. Along with your lifetime membership, you will receive an official membership certificate and a medallion given to you at the time of your graduation from USM.
Download the USM Chapter Membership Application Form.
Please submit your completed application and payment to:
School of Social Work, Student Affairs Office, Room G39B, Ground Floor, Masterton Hall, USM Portland Campus.
Associate Professor Paul Johnson is the faculty liasion to USM's Eta Mu Chapter of Phi Alpha. He can be contacted at 780-4438 or email@example.com
For more information about the national organization, please visit the Phi Alpha website.