Our Residence Halls - your home away from home
We offer a variety of housing options and innovative programs to ease the transition to life on your own, jump start your social life and help you meet many new and diverse individuals. Each of our residence halls is overseen by a full time, live-in professional Resident Director, assisted by a student Lead Resident Assistant and Resident Assistants, who support the resident student community.
All residence halls are located on the Gorham campus and include:
- Wireless internet access in common areas
- Campus card access to the halls
- Campus card operated laundry facilities with online monitoring
- TV lounges
- Vending machines
- Security desk staff beginning at 7pm
All rooms include at a minimum:
- High speed wired Internet access
- Cable access with 50+ channels
- Energy Star rated MicroFridge (combined refrigerator/freezer/microwave)
- Standard twin bed
- Desk chair
- Closet or wardrobe
- *** Apartment common areas in the Upperclass Hall also include full kitchen, dining table and chairs for four, couch and chair
- *** Suite common areas in Upperclass and Philippi include a couch, chair and two Microfridge units
Explore our halls below and learn more about communities, staff, room dimensions and what makes each hall unique!
Centrally located on the Gorham campus and home to Students Entering Nursing, Science and Engineering Living Learning Community and the Substance Free lifestyle floor. More...
Located near the Costello Sports Complex and the baseball and softball fields, Dickey Wood has general housing and is also home to several residential community floors. More...
A charming hall, neighboring the performing and fine arts classroom buildings. The Community of Arts thrives here. More...
Located centrally on the Gorham campus, convenient to the Brooks Student Center and many campus resources. It hosts First Year Integration and Honors learning communities. More...
Built adjacent to the Paula Hodgdon Athletic field, Upperclass Hall opened fall 2007. This has the distinction of being the first LEED certified residence hall at USM. Provides apartment style living, Gender Neutral options, and other amenities for upperclass and graduate students. More...