Simultaneous with the Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center (MeRTEC)
Date: May 19 & 20, 2016
Time: Thursday 12 PM - 5 PM; Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Westin Portland Harborview
157 High Street · Portland, Maine, 04101 • Phone: 207-775-5411
The University of Southern Maine, Office of Research Integrity and Outreach (ORIO) invites you to present your work in the fields of Regulatory Compliance, Research Integrity, Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), at our upcoming Symposium on Thursday, May 19th and Friday, May 20th, 2016 to be held at the Westin Portland Harborview in Portland, Maine. This year the Symposium is expanding to a half‐day on Thursday with an intensive session on Regulatory Compliance as well as the annual meeting of the Research Integrity Officers Roundtable. Friday will feature a full day of workshops across these fields, including for the first‐time a selection of one‐hour, peer‐reviewed presentations. In addition, for the first time the Symposium will feature poster presentations. The Symposium will be held in conjunction with the Maine Regulatory Training and Ethics Center (MeRTEC).
Email email@example.com to submit a poster presentation.
Vendor form; due April 28, 2016
$85 with lunch
- Research Integrity Officers Roundtable
- Research Compliance Panel by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- NCURA Member: contact http://ncuraregioni.org/radg-meetings.html
Thursday and Friday: $225
Single Session: (indentify the session you would like to attend in Comments section of registration form)
$75 for single session & lunch
$50 for single session
Phone: 207.780.4517 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 207-228-8405
“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” Albert Einstein
Location & Accommodations
The Westin Portland Harborview features an ideal location in the heart of the vibrant Arts District in downtown Portland. Step outside and discover the many things to do in Portland, Maine including the Portland Museum of Art, the State Theatre, Cross Insurance Arena and more. A short walk takes you to Portland’s Old Port district and Casco Bay. Two minute tour of Greater Portland (YouTube)
Traditional single/double room $159 a night (9% tax), until April 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM
- Valet and Self-Parking for Overnight Guests is available for $24.00 per night. Overnight guests are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to use the self-parking option as it will minimize delays in accessing your vehicle at the close of the Symposium day. Hotel guests will have in-and-out privileges when they self-park in the attached garage.
- Symposium participants not staying overnight may park in the garage for the typical hourly fee.
- Complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Portland International Jetport is available for our guests. Please call 207.775.5411 to make arrangements.
- Complimentary downtown shuttle for hotel guests based on availability from 5am - 11pm on weekdays and 5am – 12am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Getting to Portland Maine
- Airport – Portland International Jetport (PWM); ground transportation from airport
- Bus – Concord and Grayhound buses stop in Portland
- Train – Amtrak Downeaster
Please notify the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach of any substitutions in writing. The appropriate registration fee will be applied to a substitute attendee.
A refund (minus a $20 cancellation fee) will be given for conference cancellations received in writing by the Office of Research Integrity and Outreach. "Refunds will not be issued for cancellations made on or after Friday, April 28, 2016 5:00 PM EST. Cancellations must be in writing. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted: email@example.com
Financial Aid Policy
The University of Southern Maine’s (USM) Office of Research Integrity and Outreach waives the registration fee for USM students, USM faculty, USM staff, board members, and symposium presenters.
Waiver of registration fee is considered on a case by case basis. Deadline to request a registration waiver/scholarship is Friday, April 28, 2016 by 5:00 PM EST. Please contact us with the following information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name, Phone number, Email
Briefly describe your need for a registration waiver/scholarship